Monday 30 March 2009

Shallow dating and big chills

Woo hoo! Have got tickets for the Big Chill sorted! Very excited, my first festival that i've actually had the money in the bank to be able to pay for! Plus have lovely people to go with! Tres exciting!

Much happier now I have something to look forward too. Think that's always the way. Was speaking to a mate on Sunday and he's talking about getting a big group together on August Bank holiday to go surfing down in my ancestral home of Cornwall. Now that would be cool, as haven't spent enough time with the boys over the past couple of years. Now we've all been brought back together by the "Wedding of The Year" this has given us the perfect opportunity to party more!

This weekend I also spread the online dating bug to my recently single friend who's organising the surf holiday. Didn't put him on the same site i'm on though, that would be a bit wierd (and between you and me i'm not sure he meets the criteria ;-)!

So we set him up on Mysinglefriend.com which i'd heard a lot about. I was obviously the single friend who had to describe him, which felt a little awkward with him looking over my shoulder! Plus the fact we dated for a few months when I was 17. But that's all water under the bridge now... however the boys do love to remind us of the past...at the wrong moments!

The idea is a really good one though and I kinda wish I was on there now. However i've my hands full with the other three sites i'm on (i'm not paying for all three, i'm just putting on free profiles to see which is best...)! And let me tell you, it's an interesting snapshot of what kind of single guys are out there. And not all of it's pretty. In fact, i've been sifting through a lot of mingers! Now I know that's not a nice thing to say, but this online dating thing makes you really shallow! It's awful that i'm judging people by their photos. I know it is. But I can't stop doing it!

Bad Ellie. Bad, bad, bad. Anyway, i've found at least one or two hotties which is just enough to keep me on these sites, in the hope that they might find me attractive....and if i'm judging then i'm sure the guys out there are doing it right back.

Gosh, dating's cruel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?