Wednesday 25 March 2009

Yo-Yo

I've decided my emotional state is very much on a par with a Yo-Yo. And i've never been able to work those out so this doesn't bode well.

My day didn't start well, I fell flat on my face on the walk from the station to the office. I feel I may sue Tower Hamlets council for their lively pavements...

Seriously though, because of all the building work happening around the new Heron Tower the pavements are all churned up. I love the fact that I fell flat on my face, smashing my knee on the ground and no one offered me a hand. Granted I did jump up pretty quickly but then realising my knee had taken such a bashing I had to lean against a wall. However i'd probably have been more embarrassed if someone had stopped for me. Ground, open wide and swallow me up.

On a brighter note I noticed my Ex commented on a photo of me on Facebook. He still thinks i'm beautiful it seems. That anyone would call me beautiful still amazes me. It's kinda bitter sweet coming from him though. This is the reason I deleted him from The Book of Face. Unfortunately we share friends so sometimes there's just no getting away from him. I've done pretty well though I think, although when he sends me random emails I do find it hard not to respond. Like the other week, he said something that really pissed me off. Perhaps that was his reason for sending it, he knew he'd get a reaction. Anyway, no one wants to hear about my stagnant love life. I will be going speed dating next weekend though!

Bring. It. On!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your knee feels better soon! The joy of London is being just another face in the crowd! But take joy in the fact that yours is a beautiful face in the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you put yourself down so often, especially when you chastise me for doing the same. As for the emotional yo-yo, well I know how that feels. I often find that I switch between happy, bouncy, chipper giddy enthusaistic fun and quasi-suicidal, rage inducing, self pitying miserablism. I don't know why I jump between these two states, or why there seems to be no middle ground. I like to think of it as the two Matts. Its like being Matt G at one minute and Old Matt at the other. I'm like a hybrid of the two. Fear me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do as i say, not as i do Tom!
    Is miserablism a word...?!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?