Monday 2 March 2009

Change

I went back to my roots this weekend and spent some time with Ma and Pa in the countryside. I also dressed as a rabbit for a friends fancy dress party. It was nice to go back but sometimes I'd rather not as leaving is always quite tough. Going back also makes me realise what i've missed. It's silly really as I know life moves on and things change, but in my head, home is home and things should be as I left them!

It's been particularly emotional as Mum and Dad broke the news that they've accepted an offer on our family home. I've lived in that house since I was 3 weeks old, so the fact that it won't be ours anymore really hit me. I moved out a long time ago, i haven't spent more than a few months there since I was 19. But it's always been there. We've been talking about this moment for a while, so it's not a shock that mum and dad are selling. But the reality of it is quite different.

I know a house is just bricks and mortar and that memories contained within it can be taken elsewhere. I know that Mum and Dad are doing the right thing by selling up and moving away, as it's been their dream for years. I know situations change and i have always been supportive of their decision. But selling the place I grew up in, which has seen 25 years of birthdays, Christmases, parties, arguements, broken hearts, happiness, tears, love and laughter...is going to be hard when i have to say that final goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?