Thursday 26 March 2009

Lucky lady

So, today i've realised that i've been living with two of my lovely housemates for almost a year. When I think back to how I was a year ago I can't believe how much more contented I actually am now. Life had thrown me a few curve balls at the beginning of last year, which meant I was out of a job and couldn't afford my rent. I ended crashing on my crazy portuguese friends sofa(she's crazy in a good way and was a life saver at the time)and was doing some god awful temp work which barely gave me enough money to buy the bus fare to get to the handful of interviews I was getting. Luckily that all changed when i joined the company i'm with now.

When I moved (into what we now lovingly call the Rat Haus) last year, it was a relief to be in a job that had a future and in a house where i might have something in common with the people living there. However I didn't see much of the third housemate and i've been told that's a good thing. She soon moved out a couple of months later and us survivors were left with the task of finding someone new to take her room.

Easier said than done. Turns out there are a lot of weirdos out there. Luckily we did manage to find one young lady who is just the right amount of weird and just the right amount of sane. And for that i'm very glad.

Now the atmosphere is great and I can't wait to get home. I feel very comfortable and the four of us have grown a lot closer. Especially after enduring a nasty landlord, damp and rats. Before Christmas we all moved house, en masse, to a lovely house up the road. Sans rodents. We have a landlady who actually fixes things when they're broken, doesn't shout abuse down the phone and generally is pleasant to deal with. WE have a house that isn't falling apart. It's also a lot less studenty.

Basically i lucked out. Thank you ladies for being so good to me!

(there you go Jay, you haven't just had a cameo, you've been a feature! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?