Friday 8 May 2009

Hang Man


Well, it's been a while since i've last blogged. Basically i lost my mojo. Have had no motivation or inspiration to write anything. I'm trying to pick myself up though so, here goes.

A couple of weekends ago i had a wicked time with my friend Steph. We spent the Saturday afternoon drinking tea and eating biscuits in the sunshine, then we got ready for a night out in Mayfair at the Funky Buddha. My crazy Portuguese friend has a friend who does promotion for the members only club, and she got us free entry and free drinks. My crazy portuguese friend was meant to be coming too, however she got caught up delivering a baby. Like you do.

Steph and i partied the night away with free vodka and crazy dancing. We kept are eyes out for Jodie Marsh but she didn't turn up, neither did any footballers. Oh well. Steph got a snog with a kiwi, i got the eye from his mate but by the end of the night he was so coked up he couldn't even stand up straight, which was a turn off for me. Drugs really aren't my thing. Too unpredictable.

Anyway, when the club closed we made our way back to mine, only to find an impromptu party at my house. Brilliant! Although we were a bit lame as we had been dancing our little socks off and had exhausted ourselves, we quickly left the revellers to it. I believe there was bed swapping and canoodling going on. Marvelous.

Next morning we all (the left over revellers included) traipsed down to the Cafe Z bar for an award winning brekky. Yum. With heavy hangovers, or perhaps we were still drunk, Steph and i decided that checking out the London Marathon would be a fabulous idea. Which we did. The sun was out and it was a gorgeous afternoon. We both got a bit emotional at one point. I'm not sure why, i think it was the hangover. We then walked to Waterloo along the south bank and met a man playing the Hang. Or at least i think that was what it was called. We were transfixed. And in love. We both gave money and swooned. Again, probably the effects of the hangover. But perhaps i should go back to the south bank this Sunday just to check. And put my number in his hat...

[after just doing a quick search i think i've found him. I'm listening to his music now. I'm totally entranced. Such a beautiful sound all from one instrument. Amazing]

Check him out on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IrMi9AZ3c&NR=1

It's such an amazing instrument, you really have to hear it live. I've never heard anything quite like it. It's almost like a steel drum but softer and more magical sounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?