Monday 18 May 2009

I've been chastised for not blogging enough. Slap on back of hand.

Well let's start with the weekend before last which was my housemates birthday celebration in Angel. We went to the Albert and Pearl on Upper Street and had a lovely old time dancing til our feet dropped off. It has to be said as the night wore on the dancing got more and more expressive! I ended up snogging some bloke from the Wirral...I'm not sure he told me his name, but if he did it didn't register in my brain so he will just have to be called "the bloke from the Wirral".

There was a pretty big group of us by the end, taking up most of the bar. Was a fun night, especially when i got chatted up and danced with by one of the bouncers, who then gave me two membership cards. Get in! I think he said his name was Julio. But again, i'm unsure.

The night ended in a kitchen full of drunks eating various combinations of marmite on toast. (the drunks being us, the combinations being marmalade and marmite, peanut butter and marmite and cheese and marmite) plus a fight about thick sliced bread. All in all, the night was a big success!

The next morning i was RUDELY awoken at 9.15 by a certain friend of mine who had decided she wanted to meet for coffee that morning rather than the afternoon as originally planned. So i dragged my hungover self out of bed, fell into some clothes, grabbed my sunglasses and went on my weary way to Angel to meet her for a much needed Frappacino. Which i managed to get for free, well my friend did. Don't you just love it when that happens?!

The sun came out strong that Sunday and in the end we decided some much needed "parklife" was in order. We went back to mine, picked up a rug, grabbed a picnic on the way and went and sunbathed in Clissold park. Bliss! We were also bought two lolly pops by a random man in the corner shop. We didn't want them but he insisted so forcefully that we took them out of fear that he was going to either lamp one of us or rape us. He quickly scarpered and we breathed a sigh of relief, two lollies the better off.

As we dozed in the park we began to make a shopping list. Qualities we would like to find in a man. I couldn't possibly divulge the contents of that list as a) i haven't got time and b) it's just a ridiculous list of inappropriate requests!

Maybe another time. Right now i have to get back to my data entry. That's right ladies and gents, i've found myself a temp job. It's thrilling. But it's much needed.
More of that next time me thinks.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?