Tuesday 14 April 2009

Good eggs

So, i have had requests to keep writing...one of my fans was apparently disappointed to find no blog to read in her lunch hour. My other fan is not so bothered.

So what's new with me? Well, not much to be fair so i guess i will use this space to recount my Easter weekend. Good Friday was just that, good. I spent the day running around a village in search of Cadbury Creme eggs. Fantastic! My competive spirit yet lack of suitable foot wear meant i was sprinting down the road in heels...i'll pretty much do anything for chocolate! For some reason our team didn't win (there must have been some cheating going on) but we weren't last either (and we had a girl with a crutch in our team!). After the hunt there was much eating and drinking to be had and after so much exercise we descended on the food like gannets. So much so that a couple of hours later we were all in the local taking advantage of the Fish Friday special. I planned on not drinking alcoholic beverages as my bank balance is severely depleted and what with a lack of job, i've got to be pretty careful. I only managed to buy one soda water and lime before a pint of Cider appeared in front of me. Everytime i turned my back my glass magically refilled itself. Or so i was lead to believe. Always good to know your friends are looking after you.

The rest of the weekend was pretty calm. I spent quite a bit of time going down memory lane sorting through boxes of accumulated Stuff from the attic, including some of my stories. I always wanted to be an author. I still do, but i don't feel like i have the right book ready to come out just yet. There's still time.

So, there's a snippet of my weekend. I'm still jobless however. Nothing to report on that front other than rejection and i don't want to dwell on that. Depression could be around the corner at any moment...but i'll be waiting for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?