Wednesday 10 June 2009

Glorious news

Readers! You will be glad to know that my recent moaning and woe-is-me attitude is finally behind me as i have managed to find myself a 7 month contract! I'm no longer faced with homelessness. I will be able to eat normally. I will be able to go to the pub and have more than a glass of soda water, if i want to. I will be able to pay my bills, get back to paying off my overdraft and maybe even start to pay my long suffering parents some of the money i owe them. Things are looking up.

Now that i know i'm staying in London Town for at least another six months, i've turned my attention back to dating. Yes, that's right, i've signed up to yet another dating site. I've actually paid for this one too! However, men still perplex me and i take every date with a pinch of salt. As i was trying to explain to a dear friend of mine just today, i've had a few dates in the past couple of months which have gone well. I define "well" in that we spent a couple of hours together, didn't run out of things to talk about and by the end of the date there was definite flirting and in most cases the guy leaned in for a smooch. None of these guys i've really thought "yes, you're the one" or even "i'd definitely like to see you again", but we've had a good time and they've come across like they like me. So, remembering that i'm not that interested, why is it, as keen as they seem to be, i don't hear from them again? are they waiting for me to get in touch? Or, and this is what i think, was it all a ruse? Do guys give it the come on but actually, couldn't give a shit if they ever see you again? Now, remember i'm actually not bothered. I haven't felt the need to get in touch with any of them. But without being big headed, i thought they were at least a little bit interested!

Are these guys just doing the same thing i'm doing...? Should i start being a bit more...brutal?

well, i think i may put this to the test with my next date in Farringdon tomorrow. There's been a few flirty emails and text messages so at the moment, all is looking good. I'll let you know how it goes, never fear. But don't hold your breath for some sort of romance or even a second date!

The odds aren't good.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the new job. I've got the same birthday as Jane Austen, you know :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad you've found a job, I know how much you did not want to leave London, you are a complete city girl now lol!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments and suggestions, so why not leave me one?